Whenever I read a blog, I always find myself wanting to know more about the author and the different ways we relate to each other. As I thought of that a few days ago while reading a post, I said to myself, I should share some things with my readers!
While I do share some personal things with y'all in terms of dating, relationships and overall opinions on things, the general content of The Creative Brief is fashion or lifestyle focused. I've put together 25 things you may not know about me in the hopes that you can relate to me and find a deeper connection to TCB!
1. I am not a morning person. I am much more productive at night!
2. My favorite dish is mac and cheese. I would eat it for every meal if I could.
3. If I could invite anyone, dead or alive, to a dinner party I would invite - Audrey Hepburn, Stephen Hawking, Princess Diana, Jesus Christ, Claude Monet, Mother Theresa, Eleanor Roosevelt, Anna Wintour, John F. Kennedy and Jackie Kennedy.
4. Speaking of JFK, I have a mild obsession with the Kennedy family. Ever since my family took a cross-country road trip and stopped in Dallas at the JFK museum, I have found not only their story but overall history very interesting! Kollin can attest to the numerous JFK documentaries and movies on our Tivo lol
5. My favorite alcoholic drink is Sparking Brut Rose and my favorite non-alcoholic drinks are water and Coke.
6. The movies or shows that are usually on in our apartment: any of the Harry Potter movies or the Captain America movies, Grey's Anatomy, the REELZ channel or a Pixar movie.
7. I was a cheerleader for 7 years but had to quit my freshman year of high school due to several concussions. Cheering in college was always a goal of mine, but opted for student government and art instead.
8. I have a six-year-old brother named Charlie. He is awesome and loves Pokemon, soccer, and karate. I also have an older sister, Ashley. She also lives in Chicago and is a foodie, free spirit.
9. My favorite movie of all time is Breakfast at Tiffany's.
10. I still sleep with stuffed animals and a blanket. FDR (short for yep, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt) is a pink turtle and was given to me by Kollin as a Valentine's Day gift and I've slept with him ever since.
11. The best advice I've ever received is to treat others as you wish to be treated and do not assume anything about them. You never know anyone's circumstances and what they are dealing with.
12. Peonies are my favorite flower
13. Gigi Hadid is my girl crush
14. Kollin and I have a rule where I have to try a dish at least one time before saying no to it (I used to be a really picky eater) and the only thing that hasn't passed the test is uni. It was traumatizing lol.
15. I'm kinda OCD, not all of the time, but when it hits I have to organize and clean.
16. My ideal day off would be having breakfast in bed with Kollin, going shopping with my best friends and having lunch outside. Then I would walk by the lakefront and maybe go to the beach/pool for some sun, followed by champagne and dinner on a rooftop.
17. Kollin and I wrote handwritten letters all through high school and college. We keep them all in boxes in our closet and pull them out and read them from time to time.
18. I almost went to art school and always think about how different I might be if I had, but had the best time and experiences at the University of Kentucky!
19. I love the smell of coffee, but hate the taste.
20. I don't believe in love at first sight, but do believe in soul mates.
21. I love true crime stories and documentaries. My college roommates and I would watch them everyday after class.
22. I prefer drinks closer to room temperature than ice cold.
23. I am terrified of pigeons
24. The best gift I've ever received is my promise ring from Kollin.
25. I've only been out the country twice (the Bahamas & Egypt), but I'd love to travel to many more places like Greece, France, Italy, Ireland & Morrocco.
I'd love to hear from you if you relate or think I'm totally crazy! Thanks so much for reading! xx